At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
We are looking for a
Senior Automation Software Engineer - Dragon Medical One
Nuance Communications is a global technology company specialized in speech recognition and AI. Nuance's healthcare product offering includes solutions which enable medical professionals - doctors, physicians, nurses - to create high quality documentation of their work and increase their focus on patients.
The Dragon Medical One platform provides intelligent speech recognition services to medical professionals all around the globe. The cloud deployment in the U.S.A. is spread across multiple Microsoft Azure data centres and serves a steadily growing number of users.
Join a team of highly motivated engineers pushing their product to the next level, serving even more users, ensuring even higher availability and resilience, in even more geographies.
The holder of this position will collaborate with product owners, and software architects. They will create a high-level test automation concept (continuous integration, quality assurance, continuous deployment, …) and enable the engineering team to implement it in an agile way.
- Creation and maintenance of an automation concept and design for the Dragon Medical One software stack
- Evaluation of currently used and industry best practice automation technologies
- Active member of CM/CI team, collaboration with data centre deployment team
- Consult with scrum teams and Solution Architects on software and system design in order to facilitate test automation.
- Develop and reinforce testing methods, procedures for measuring product quality, and determining release readiness.
- Enhance, extend, and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks.
- Design and develop automated unit, functional, regression and performance test programs or scripts based on libraries of reusable test code modules or functions.
- Actively participate as a scrum team member in all phases of the development process.
- Perform peer design and code reviews.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Participate in functional and technical reviews/sprint reviews.
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders and teams located in different geographical locations.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5 years +
- Tools: Microsoft Test framework, test management tools (like qTest, Silk Test, SOAP UI)
- Experience with statistical analysis, creation of reports, tools like MS Excel, Grafana, Prometheus, ...
- .net/C++, web services, cloud, software architecture, statistics
- Programming languages: .net languages, C++, Microsoft Operating systems & technologies
- Experience with agile development methodology (Scrum, TDD)
- Experience with automation of client and server-side enterprise class applications.
- Excellent English communication skills (written, oral, listening).
- Excellent technical analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Has a reasonable balance between getting the job done vs technical debt.
- Enjoys delivering top quality in a fast-moving environment.
- Enjoys working in a team; willingness to put the needs of the team over their own.
- Profound knowledge about agile principles and concepts.
- Experience with continuous software integration and deployment.
- Experience with product development for the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Bamboo, Confluence, MS VSTS (Azure DevOps)
- Experience with development of Healthcare Information technology applications.
- Familiarity with enterprise-level models of agile development (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Experience with professional product development in combination with speech recognition technologies and/or artificial intelligence.
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field.
Please note we have a range of Software Engineering roles open at all levels.
Job reference: 1-39459
Have we you caught your interest? Then we would love to hear from you!
Please apply through our career page https://jobs.nuance.com/job/vienna/senior-automation-software-engineer-dragon-medical-one/843/10299930 or send your application to EMEAjobs@nuance.com (please quote the job reference in the e-mail title).
To find out more about our company and our products, please visit http://www.nuance.com.
The position is full-time (38.5 hours per week) and is based at the Nuance office in Vienna. Minimum payment EUR 48,000 p.a. gross, negotiable depending on previous experience and educational background.