EBG MedAustron GmbH in Wiener Neustadt operates one of the most modern centers for particle therapy and research in Europe. Cancer patients are treated with an innovative form of radiation therapy with protons and carbon ions. In addition to cancer treatment the facility is also used for translational research.
Our Medical Device Safety team is responsible for the safety architecture of the Therapy Accelerator, the compliance to medical standards and patient safety critical systems. Have a look at our videoclips to receive further information.
Become part of the Medical Device Safety team as a
Physicist for Simulation and Testing (f/m/x)
Challenges you conquer:
- Simulate, evaluate and improve beam delivery algorithms for our particle accelerator
- Develop testing concepts for the beam delivery system including its sub-components (i.e. detectors) and integration testing
- Understand the MedAustron system architecture and participate in its further development
- Ensure standard compliance of the MedAustron accelerator and its components
- Carry out commissioning and testing activities during shifts (includes work during night and weekends)
- Support operation of the MedAustron accelerator facilities
A background that impresses:
- Academic studies (at least Bachelor degree or higher) in Physics or similar
- Ideally 3 or more years of experience with particle accelerators
- Good knowledge about particle matter interactions and corresponding simulation codes (e.g. FLUKA, Geant4, etc.)
- Good understanding of complex systems (interplay between multiple soft- and hardware systems)
- Programming skills in Python, C++, VHDL, C#; LabView is an advantage
- Knowledge of medical standards (EN/IEC 60601 family, EN/IEC 62304) and state of the art safety technology are an asset
- Fluency in verbal and written communication in English; German is a benefit
- You are a creative and proactive person that is driven by self-initiative and keeps the overview over different tasks
- Willingness to fulfill shift work and on-call support
A unique offer that inspires:
For the advertised position we offer a gross annual salary from EUR 45.000,-- (on a full-time basis) with the possibility of overpayment, depending on professional qualifications and experience.
Further information on EBG MedAustron GmbH, our benefits and what matters to us can be found here.
You are the right person for this job?
Take the next step in your career and send us your application via our online application-tool.