Cloud Architect m/f/d
Cloud Architect (m/f/d)
RHI Magnesita is currently seeking a Cloud Architect with a strong capability on cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experienced in designing and transferring applications to the cloud. Should be able to develop and deliver agile and cost-effective hosting solutions, implementing scalable, high performance hosting solutions that meet the need of today's corporate and digital applications using both private and public cloud technologies.
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) relevant to Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in Cloud Architecture and developed Cloud Service projects and deployed solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Experience with agile principles and methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Experience with private and public cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing infra migration , data migration and data processing using Azure services: Networking, Windows/Linux virtual machines, Container, Storage, ELB, Autoscaling, Azure Functions, Serverless Architecture, ARM Templates, Azure SQL DB/DW, Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Service
- DevOps on an Azure platform - Experience developing and deploying ETL solutions on Azure - Familiarity with the technology stack available in the industry for metadata management: Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM, Lineage
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud security, hybrid infrastructures secure, architecture designs, and technology management
- Experience in a client-facing environment and interacting with technical and business stakeholders
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal. Any additional language will be considered an asset
- Willingness to travel on occasional basis
Desired additional Skills & Experience:
- Azure Certifications
- MCSA Cloud Platform Azure Training Certification, MCSE Cloud Platform Infrastructure Certification
- Solution Architecture certifications
- Knowledge of traditional network architecture such as IP Addressing, subnetting, routing, switching, and firewallsActively participate in the technical community, including but not limited to contribution to user groups, presenting, writing blogs, Stack Overflow, etc.
- Possess current industry-recognized certifications
- Understanding of software development patterns and practices
About the job
As a Cloud Architect you will be part of the newly created department Digital Platforms, being a key individual to develop the technical capabilities. You develop and support the technical capabilities of our Global Central Services, being part of the Integrated Business Services department, reporting to the Head of Cloud of Excellence (CCoE).
Your tasks will include:
- Drive & Accelerate production-level Cloud Solutions in line with RHI Magnesita strategy.
- Be able to provide technical direction and lead a group of one or more architects to address a goal, architecting and designing solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Solution/technical architecture in the cloud for infrastructure migration Big Data/analytics/information analysis/database management in the cloud IoT/event-driven/microservices in the cloud
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
What we bring to the table
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That's why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
As a much-valued employer we are able to offer:
- Challenging and diverse tasks within a multicultural and passionate working environment
- Responsible position with a high scope for action
- Cross-functional collaboration with an open-minded and innovative team
- Flat hierarchies with short decision-making processes
- Attractive training and development opportunities across all career stages
- Flexible working hours, health insurance contribution and competitive pension plan
- A full- time position (38,5 hrs / week) at our headquarter in Vienna. According to the Austrian labor law we are obligated to state that the monthly gross salary according to collective agreement starts from EUR 3.439,42. The actual level of remuneration depends on your qualifications and professional experience. We value your expertise and are permanently aware of market reference to design attractive packages.
Do you recognize yourself in this role?
We are looking forward to your online application! Please upload your resume via our career page. Applications via e-mail will not be considered.
About RHI Magnesita
RHI Magnesita is the result of the combination of RHI and Magnesita to form the global leading supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and services. With more than 13,600 employees across more than 40 countries and EUR 2.9 billion in revenues we are the driving force of the refractory industry. But to deliver results for customers, that technology has to be put to work effectively. By people. That's why we attach so much importance to our employees. Do you want to know more? Check out www.rhimagnesita.com