Cloud Engineer - Automation m/f/d
Cloud Engineer - Automation (m/f/d)
RHI Magnesita is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer - Automation (Azure Component Architect) that can be responsible for leading the development of Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE certified) deployment code for Azure services into RHI Magnesita's standard components. Components are certified, preconfigured, and reusable packages of deployment code that are delivered in a component service catalog. Such components are delivered with descriptions, templates, and scripts that can be used for automatic deployment and reuse.
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- experience in architecture, design, configuration, and deployment within the Microsoft Azure platform
- Knowledge of Microsoft cloud solutions such as IaaS, PaaS, and Serverless
- Knowledge of security best practices in infrastructure, application, IAM, or data platform solutions
- Knowledge of Microsoft tools and platforms like Active Directory, System Center, Power BI, Azure, Office 365, etc.
- Experience with project delivery methodologies such as Agile Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with implementing development and data platform solutions
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with automation tools like ARM Templates, Terraform, Chef, or Ansible
- Development or scripting experience such as C# or PowerShell
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal. Any additional language will be considered an asset
Desired additional Skills & Experience:
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Proficiency with PowerShell, Python, or other scripting languages
- Software development courses and Certifications
About the job
As a Cloud Engineer - Automation you will be part of the newly created department Digital Platforms, being a key individual to develop the technical capabilities. You will develop and support the technical capabilities of our Global Central Services, being part of the Integrated Business Services department, reporting to the Head of Cloud of Excellence (CCoE)
Your tasks will include:
Take responsibility for the component catalog, which consists of:
- Components that have been developed and configured in a DevOps pipeline, and are certified and preconfigured
- Components that have Resource Manager templates, scripts, and Azure automation runbooks
- Component descriptions and documentation
- Manage component catalog, which consists of:
- Components that have been defined in the catalog and have been configured and parameterized for RHI Magnesita reuse
- Definition of parameters for components in the catalog such as data encryption (at rest and in transit), backup and recovery, disaster recovery, operating system hardening, and logging and monitoring
- Manage the component team backlog, prioritize component development and Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Update components into a new version if the underpinning Azure services have been updated
- Build and maintain Azure components in code: Resource Manager templates, PowerShell, Azure automation, OMS, and Azure DevOps
- Willingness to travel on occasional basis
What we bring to the table
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That's why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
As a much-valued employer we are able to offer:
- Challenging and diverse tasks within a multicultural and passionate working environment
- Responsible position with a high scope for action
- Cross-functional collaboration with an open-minded and innovative team
- Flat hierarchies with short decision-making processes
- Attractive training and development opportunities across all career stages
- Flexible working hours, health insurance contribution and competitive pension plan
- A full- time position (38,5 hrs / week) at our headquarter in Vienna. According to the Austrian labor law we are obligated to state that the monthly gross salary according to collective agreement starts from EUR 3.439,42. The actual level of remuneration depends on your qualifications and professional experience. We value your expertise and are permanently aware of market reference to design attractive packages.
Do you recognize yourself in this role?
We are looking forward to your online application! Please upload your resume via our career page. Applications via e-mail will not be considered.
About RHI Magnesita
RHI Magnesita is the result of the combination of RHI and Magnesita to form the global leading supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and services. With more than 13,600 employees across more than 40 countries and EUR 2.9 billion in revenues we are the driving force of the refractory industry. But to deliver results for customers, that technology has to be put to work effectively. By people. That's why we attach so much importance to our employees. Do you want to know more? Check out www.rhimagnesita.com