Graz OR Lannach
At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We're the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we're more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it's our talented people who lead us on this journey.
Senior Analyst, MES (m/f/d)
This position is responsible for ensuring that MES related services and procedures are implemented, maintained and properly executed. This includes a good understanding of production processes, IT infrastructure as well as a close collaboration with other departments and Magna internal customers.
- Project management of MES related processes implementations, solutions and functions
- Gather and analyze business requirements, propose technical concepts and validate technical feasibility
- Coordination and implementation of MES Template functions in the plants
- Participate in functional test / integration test / GoLive preparations of MES services, processes, and functions
- Coordination of 3rd Level support with the current MES provider ITAC
- Support training activities with functional Key Users
- Support and enhance the MES template functions in a continuous improvement process
- Support implementation of dashboards, reports and analytic solutions
- Act as a technical consultant to the plants and cross functional departments on MES topics
- Support the implementation of upgrades, patches and maintenance efforts on the template
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings and user groups where appropriate
- Define and manage authorizations concept
Customers and Business Interfaces
- Global and regional Business Relationship Managers and IT Architects
- Plant IT-Managers and team members
- Business Systems project organization members like Business Systems Owners, Business
- Systems Experts and Key Users
- 3rd party implementation partners and suppliers
Knowledge and Education
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years in related field (preferably in Automotive Manufacturing industry)
- SAP certifications and / or ITAC MES solutions knowledge is an advantage
- Experience with MES standards & Templates preferred
- Hands-on experience with shop floor solutions (PLC's; databases, supervisor PC's.. e.g. ITAC)
- Experience in organizational projects or know-how in organizational / change management is highly welcomed
- Experience in JIT/JIS and Batch manufacturing in automotive would be an advantage
- Experience in Microsoft .Net / Java development would be an advantage
- Basic understanding of IT Infrastructure (Server, Network)
Skils and Competencies
- Strong communication and analytical skills, problem solving & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate experience of developing and maintaining procedures appropriate for supporting IT services in a complex environment
- Demonstrate understanding of working in a customer focused environment
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn on the job
- Works well alone and while managing groups
- Willingness to travel globally is critical for this position
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience in global teamwork and different cultures
- Profound German & English communication skills (written and spoken)
Regular travel 25-50% of the time.
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 55.000,- with corresponding qualification. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.