PALFINGER stands for most innovative, reliable and economic hoist-equipment on utility vehicles and in the maritime sector.
Our company is looking for a highly qualified "Lead System Engineer for Mechatronic/Application/Communication Systems", who will be responsible for the coordination of the individual Local Site Leads from a global perspective. In this role, you will be responsible for both standardization and harmonization of mechatronic systems and all applications and control topics, as well as series development of new innovative systems for our future products.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
· As Lead System Engineer for you will bring in-depth knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of mechatronic systems as well as App/Com Systems. You will analyze technical requirements, evaluate different solution approaches and support the selection of suitable technologies and components. You will also be able to identify technical challenges and develop effective solutions.
· You will act as an interface between the different Local Site Leads (EMEA, NAM, LATAM) and ensure that the control technical systems are developed and implemented consistently across the series. In this role, you will work closely with the local teams in North/South America, Italy, Germany and Austria and ensure the flow and smooth exchange of information.
· You will take responsibility for global projects and ensure effective planning, monitoring and implementation. In doing so, you will ensure that projects are completed on schedule and that the defined quality standards/standards are met. By standardizing components, procedures and processes, you will ensure that our products meet consistent quality and safety standards worldwide. You will also coordinate resources and work closely with other specialist departments.
· At the same time, you will work on harmonizing existing systems to achieve the best possible synergies. Subsequently, you will drive organizational topics related to standards and guidelines of mechatronic components in series development in order to be able to provide efficient systems for new developments.
· Completion of a higher technical education (FH, TU) Mechatronics / Application / Communication Systems.
· Several years of experience in the field of mechatronic systems and system development
· Knowledge in SW - programming
· Experience in modeling and simulation
· Ideally basic knowledge in functional safety standards (e.g..: Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and DIN EN 280 etc.
· Innovative action including willingness to break new ground
· High analytical and entrepreneurial thinking skills
· Basic knowledge of project management is an advantage
· Structured, independent work
· Willingness to travel internationally and work with intercultural teams
· Sound knowledge of German and English
· Good life balance thanks to flexible working hours and freedom in work organisation
· Performance-related remuneration and attractive incentive systems
· Career planning and development opportunities, as well as ongoing training
· Opportunity to gain international experience
· Voluntary additional benefits from our company health management system PALfit
Minimum gross salary according to Austrian metal industry collective agreement is EUR EUR 46.346,72 per year. We are willing to overpay according to training and qualification.
We are looking forward to your informative application!