"I believe that the greatest success comes when we all pull together."
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Data Quality Specialist (all genders)
Occupation Area: Risk management, Financial markets
Company: Erste Group Bank AG
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
The team is located within the area Group Data Management and Reporting within CFO-division and is designed to improve Group-wide data quality and related processes and to automatize processes within Group Data Management and Reporting. To this end, definitions, functions and processes are harmonized across the Group to create a common basis and in the process increase the efficiency and speed with which data is analyzed, processed or forwarded to regulators. The department provides a DQM Governance and steering, the innovation framework and best practice including policies and end to end processes.
- The Data Quality Specialist is responsible for the definition, development and maintenance of the group-wide Data Quality Management (DQM) methodology, principles and processes, as well as their documentation in terms of group-wide policies.
- Enables excellence of the BIC Network by methodological guidance, quality assurance and as point of contact with regard to all Data Quality topics.
- Functional further development of Erste Group's Data Quality Management according to market best practices as well as the requirements for ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Supports communication to Group and local stakeholders in the area of Data Quality Management and triggers escalation management to ensure long term and sustainable improvement of Data Quality situation.
- Consolidates and extends the Data Quality Indicators (DQIs) repository as well as ensures accuracy of Key Performance Indicators.
- Monitors and analyses results of the Data Quality Checks, supports various Data Quality initiatives in co-operation with local entities, Data Owners, Data Stewards and Business Experts.
- Performs education and training of employees of Erste Group in Data Quality topics.
- Designs and further develops education and trainings for different target audiences.
- University degree (BA) (preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Finance and/or Computer Science)
- Preferably, additional education (i.e., certifications, trainings, etc.) in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Quality Management and/or Project Management (e.g. PMI)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the financial industry, previous experience in the area of Data Quality Management is an advantage
- Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Quality Management and Data Quality Tools
- General banking knowledge with particular focus on bank steering, banking products and regulatory/statutory requirements (focus international regulatory requirements, e.g. BCBS 239)
- Team player, organized and effective person
- Business Fluent English. Working knowledge of German or another CEE language (as required by the local organization) is an advantage
- Be an integral part of a successful high performance team
- Discover and enjoy the benefits of Erste Group
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 35.365,-- gross per year
- Erste Group considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin.