For our Power Distribution Division headquartered in Vienna we are currently setting up a new Engineering team supporting the Energy Transition journey. Therefore, we are looking for:
Lead Electronics Firmware Engineer (m/w/d)
Location: Vienna, Austria / Prague, Czech Republic / Bonn, Germany
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work.
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Lead Electronics Firmware Engineer will execute the technical development for the electronics firmware function in complex development projects supporting Eaton Internet of Things (IoT) and Energy Transition growth initiatives as well as Eaton's residential protection devices business.
You will own all R&D aspects for the related function for the new product line of digitally enabled circuit protection devices.
You will also be responsible for defining, specifying and delivering robust and proven technical solutions for the related function from concept development, design and test through industrialization and certification in alignment with other major organizational stakeholders such as Product Management, Manufacturing, Supply Management, Business Development, etc.
Your key deliverables:
- Conceptualize, specify, develop and validate function-related designs for circuit protection devices based on product standards and customer needs, as well as functional manufacturability & cost targets
- Develop robust concepts and specifications in alignment with customer requirements
- Lead effort planning of design engineering tasks
- Lead technical design and development tasks
- Coordinate technical cooperation tasks with internal / external development teams
- Utilize appropriate tools and methods (simulation, Design For Six Sigma, …) throughout the design cycle and sustaining engineering tasks
- Design, plan, set up, conduct, document, and review development tests
- Secure compliance of technical solutions for the related function with internal and external standards and regulations
- Provide and maintain complete engineering documentation using Eaton tools and systems
- Support project issue resolution activities
- Resolve technical design issues for the related function and deliver optimal solutions with respect to function, manufacturability and cost
- Act as mentor for Junior Engineers and functionally leads & supervises technicians & drafters
- Act as an expert for functional aspects in product technology and provide technical support and guidance to other functions such as Product Management, Quality and Manufacturing
Do you have?
- Engineering Degree with electronics specialisation
- Proven experience and solid knowledge in the function-related development and design
- Engineer with in-depth experience in design of modules, products and systems
- Experience with simulation tools and DFSS methods
- Proven project management skillset
- Fluent in English and German, both written and spoken
- Self-motivated and able to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ready to lead technical functional in cross-functional and international teams
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities - We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values - We are more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term - not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it's about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Our management style at Eaton is characterized by ethical, passionate, responsible, efficient and transparent action, we are constantly learning.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look--from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day--you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.