EGSTON Power Electronics GmbH
Grafenberger Str. 37
T +43 2243 21288 - 0
FPGA DESIGN ENGINEER (M/W/D)
ABOUT EGSTON POWER ELECTRONICS
EGSTON Power Electronics is a young, fast-growing company in power electronics industry, focusing on the development and manufacturing of high-performance Power Hardware-in-the-Loop (PHIL) test and emulation platforms for power electronic systems. Based in Klosterneuburg on the northern outskirts of Vienna, we are an international team with a passion for cutting edge technology and dedication to developing innovative products, while continuously improving our expertise through active collaboration with our customers, suppliers and external research facilities.
As a FPGA Design Engineer, your main focus will be to design, develop and test working packages in VHDL for EGSTON's existing and next generation PHIL systems.
- FPGA Design and Development for Power Electronics.
- Autonomous development of working packages in VHDL.
- Development according to the requirements specification:
- Architecture Development
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of the developed applications.
- Close collaboration with software and hardware teams to ensure on-time and quality release of the developed applications.
- Supporting technical realization of power converter prototypes and products.
- Supporting industrialization and certification efforts for the newly developed products and the upgrades of the existing products.
- Additional responsibilities include participating in the factory- and site acceptance testing of the non-standard and more complex customer systems as well as technical support for customer demos.
- A Bachelor's degree in Embedded Systems or equivalent qualification (advanced degrees are preferred).
- At least two years of experience in FPGA/SoC design.
- High interest and focus on practical experimentation, from the system design, testing and validation, up to product certification.
- Solution-oriented mindset and ability to work in highly dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in VHDL (Verilog) and Xilinx System Generator.
- Practical experience with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Language: English (required), German (preferred).
- Practical experience with HIL systems
- Knowledge of power electronics
- Knowledge of electric machines.
- Knowledge of photovoltaic systems.
- Knowledge of battery energy storage systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A Forward-looking technology-oriented environment with excellent professional and personal development and training opportunities.
- An international team of experienced and motivated coworkers and fast and effective internal communication channels.
- A strong innovative spirit, cooperation with universities and research institutions as well as our customers' R&D teams.
- Flexible working hours (flextime) and opportunity to work from home.
An annual gross salary of at least EUR 45,000 is planned for this position. The actual amount of your remuneration will depend on your qualifications and your experience, and will be agreed upon individually.
Please send your application to email@example.com including your CV as well as some information about your background and your motivation to work with us.