Security Operations Center (SOC) Team Lead
We're the world's leading sports technology company, at the intersection between sports, media, and betting. More than 1,700 sports federations, media outlets, betting operators, and consumer platforms across 120 countries rely on our know-how and technology to boost their business.
Job Title: Security Operations Centre (SOC) Team Lead
Reports To: Senior Manager, Security Operations
The Security Operations (SOC) Team Lead position in Sportradar's SOC is responsible for managing the worldwide SOC network, under direction of the Senior manager, Security Operations.
This involves ensuring the smooth operations and making efficiency improvements in the day-to-day running of the teams located in the NAM, EMEA and APAC regions.
They will be responsible for the management and administration of the staff within the regions, acting as line manager for the Security Analysts of all grades, providing technical oversight, performance monitoring, wellness and holistic support, and managing the shift requirements.
This role will hold primary hiring responsibility for the growing SOCs, with sign-off provided by their management chain.
As such, technical knowledge and experience of SOC work is required to successfully identify and hire future team members, and to proficiently manage existing ones.
The Security Operations Team Lead role is additionally responsible for providing the primary escalation point of contact for security incidents arising from the SOC, and acting as a core incident handler in conjunction with the SOC Lead Senior Analysts when required for Major or Critical incidents.
The SOC operates a 24 x 5 monitoring service, with weekend cover, so shift work and/or on-call responsibilities may be required as part of this role.
The Security Operations Centre Team Lead is a key member of the Security Operations Team and reports into the Senior Manager, Security Operations.
Accountabilities and Activities:
- Management and Administration of all SOC staff
- Wellness (121 meetings, &c.) with regional leads
- Individual regional Senior Analyst Lead performance monitoring
- Overall SOC performance monitoring, and KPI measurement
- Primary hiring responsibility within Security Operations Centres globally.
- Global shift planning to achieve global 24x7.
(Currently 24 x 5 "follow-the-sun" shifts with Weekend On-Call for duty staff)
- Responding to major and critical security incidents, providing security recommendations and incident handling as required.
- Provide SOC input to the Due Diligence process for Sportradar acquisitions
- Contribute to the development and implementation of security governance in IT, ensuring application security principles are applied during design and into business as usual processes to reduce risk, drive adoption and adherence to policies, standards and guidelines by the wider business.
- Ensuring security team adherence to internal procedures, playbooks and guidelines.
- Maintaining and developing internal processes, security procedures, and remediation guidelines.
- Clearly articulating security issues to Sportradar internal teams, both verbally and in written format as well as presenting information to management stakeholders to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Communicate effectively across Sportradar Tribes about the actions of the SOC, and any incident/alerts underway, including their status, impact, and resolution.
- Troubleshooting and helping to resolve security issues for Sportradar teams.
- Acting as subject matter expert and primary escalation point of contact for security questions from Sportradar internal teams.
- Develop and manage relationships with strategic third party Information Security suppliers, partners and industry forums
- Identifying opportunities to improve SOC Monitoring and Detection.
- Training and mentoring the security analysts in the Security Operations team in the development of their cybersecurity knowledge, security specialisation area, and ongoing understanding of the current threat landscape.
- Generating bespoke reporting from the Sportradar monitoring solution in line with business requirements, ongoing investigations, or senior stakeholder requests.
- Provide advice and guidance on procedural and technical security controls.
- Provide advice and guidance to other teams within the business on good practice and maintain relevant and current industry knowledge.
- Work with the technical and solution architects to provide domain/specialist security expertise to IT projects in line with security strategy; contributing to and reviewing project documentation as necessary.
- 5+ years experience working in a security operations environment, preferably in a senior security technical role.
- Strong knowledge of identified operating system platforms; routers, network protocols, and security architecture.
- Strong knowledge of industry standard SOC tools usage and implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of current vulnerabilities and attacks.
- 2-3+ years of team lead/management experience.
- Strong networking, analysis and security skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Centre.
- Experience and knowledge of implementation of strategic and operational SOC processes in multinational companies.
- Experience in two or more areas of Security operations,
i.e. Network Traffic Analysis, Digital Forensics, Monitoring & Detection, Incident Response, Threat Hunting.
- A track record of technical delivery working within a fast paced and pressured environment.
Desired Qualifications, Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security or similar, or equivalent industry experience.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Computer Forensics or similar, or equivalent industry experience.
- Industry certifications such as:
- SANS GIAC Certifications
- Other relevant certs
To be selected for a Senior Executive role at Sportradar or a role within the Compliance, Finance, Integrity, or Legal business areas of Sportradar, Candidates must, as permitted by applicable laws, successfully complete a background check or submit proof of successfully passing such a check. Candidates with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with the applicable requirements necessary for the business area and consistent with applicable laws.
Sportradar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to encourage diversity within our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to among other things, your background, status, or personal preferences