PALFINGER stands for most innovative, reliable, and economic hoist-equipment on utility vehicles and in the maritime sector. To strengthen our young team in Bergheim we are looking for a
BI & Data Specialist (f/m/d)
The creation of transparency for internal and external customers as well as the automation of interfaces between reporting systems are the main tasks of the BI & Data at PALFINGER. This is done by identifying, analysing, and formulating requirements to be realized within our common Data Lake.
As specialist in the BI & Data area of the team, the focus of the role is the implementation of pre-defined activities. Support in deriving definitions as well as continuous learning of relevant core skills are a key part of the development.
You will help implement PALFINGER's corporate BI & Data architecture in collaboration with other teams from Data & Process Management and various other divisions within the PALFINGER Global Organization. If you possess an affinity for data, like to interact with various experts and love to find new technical solutions within a changing environment, this is just the job you are looking for!!
- Requirement management, conception, and implementation of BI Solutions (Full-stack development)
- Support business & technical requirements engineering
- Actively help us further develop our BI strategy
- Collaboration in the conception of a semantic layer within the Data Warehouse/Lake:
- Development of data models
- Implementation of data management processes (ETL and ELT)
- Development of data marts and views based on Microsoft SQL Server
- Support at the development of interfaces to internal and external sources
- Advice on new concepts for BI and Advanced Analytics requirements
- Cooperation with external service providers
- Contributing to the technology portfolio for front-end applications
- Support further development and training of the Global BI Community
- Commitment and experience are your keys to success, whether you have gained these in a (relevant) study or in your job.
- Relevant studies range from university degree in economics / mathematics / computer science / business informatics or comparable education.
- Experience and affinity for financial reporting advantageous.
- Affinity for data, experience with common DWH modelling.
- Experience in translating business requirements into technical concepts.
- Passion for reporting and dashboards, design principles and BI front ends.
- Experience with data governance advantageous.
- Preferably additional knowledge in ERP systems (preferably SAP).
- Interest in new technologies and digital developments.
- Communicative, self-reliant, and structured way of working.
- Excellent business English (German is a plus).
- Working with state-of-the-art technology throughout the entire BI-stack (Azure DWH, PowerBI, Automation Tools, etc.).
- Project management, conception, and implementation of challenging BI projects (scope depending on qualification and personal interest).
- Good work-life-balance thanks to flexible working hours and freedom to organize your work.
- Performance-related compensation and attractive incentive schemes.
- Career planning and development opportunities.
- Continuous further training.
- Being part of an international team (Americas & Europe).
- Voluntary fringe benefits provided by our company health management scheme PALfit.
We offer an attractive and performance-related salary, which is based on your qualifications and professional experience and can be significantly above the "Kollektivvertrag" (= collective labor agreement) for this position (Kollektivvertrag minimum based on full-time employment is EUR 46.346,72 per year).
We are looking forward to receiving your informative application!