Junior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Our Data Intelligence team is responsible for our state-of-the-art Cloudera based analytics platform, implementing and discovering use cases in the areas of player behavior, targeted marketing, fraud and performance analysis.
With over 750 million transactions daily, the Novo Remote Gaming System provides a large data set and challenging use cases for creating a high-performance data and analytics pipeline. We are extending our Data Science team and are on the search for a highly motivated Junior Data Engineer (m/f/d) to continue with us our journey towards a data-driven company.
- Participate in complex and exciting end-to-end data engineering projects together with our Data Scientists and Data Engineers in close cooperation with our business departments such as Requirements Engineering, Data Architecture design, implementation, deployment and operations (monitoring & troubleshooting)
- Administration of our modern Big Data Platform based on Cloudera (CDH 6.1) on Azure and on-premise
- Proactively identify improvements in data quality and support the implementation of data quality projects in the source systems
- Work closely with development, product, and marketing teams across the Greentube Group of Companies in order to enhance business outcomes such as satisfaction, retention, and other revenue-driven KPIs
- Identifying new levers to help improve our gaming experience
- Completed bachelors or masters study in a quantitative field such as computer science, informatics, statistics, engineering or related discipline
- First work experience in Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing or a related field is an advantage
- Experience with programming languages Scala and/or Python as well as knowledge in Big Data technologies (Apache Hadoop, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark "Structured" Streaming, Apache Impala, Apache Kudu)
- Good understanding of ETL & ELT paradigms
- Enthusiastic about learning new tools and on track with the latest research and technology
- A high motivation to communicate and discuss new opportunities openly within the team and the stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Challenging tasks in a successful and innovative company based in a central location in Vienna
- Opportunities for personal development as part of the company's sustained growth
- A welcoming working environment in a committed and international team of employees from more than 30 countries
- Flexible working hours and numerous benefits such as an in-house canteen, regular employee events, health care benefits, further local employee offers and discounts, etc.
- Extensive training by mentors
- Reimbursement of additional travel costs for an interview and support with any necessary relocation from abroad
- A yearly gross salary of EUR 35.784,- for applicants with specific experience and willingness to offer a higher salary depending on your professional experience and qualification
Greentube Internet Entertainment Solutions, the global interactive unit of NOVOMATIC, is a leading developer and supplier of iGaming solutions. Greentube is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NOVOMATIC Group, one of the biggest producers and operators of gaming technologies and one of the largest integrated gaming companies in the world. Greentube's industry leading omni-channel technology allows the convergence of online, mobile and land-based games. The well-diversified product portfolio includes Classic Slots, Table Games, Live Dealer Gaming, AWP Reloaded Slots, Server-Based Gaming, Social Casino Gaming, Bingo and more.
If you are interested in this position we are looking forward to your application including motivation letter and CV.