System Engineer (f/m/d) at Exoscale
Exoscale is the leading Swiss/European cloud service provider. With services covering the full cloud infrastructure spectrum - from fast deploying virtual machines to S3 compatible object storage - Exoscale provides a simple and scalable experience in order to let its clients focus on their core business.
As part of its current European expansion as well as in order to provide best in class services and experience to its growing customers, Exoscale is recruiting a Cloud Support Specialist to reinforce its support team from headquarter offices in Lausanne or remote in Europe.
Exoscale is part of A1 Digital. With scalable services and innovative solutions in the areas of IoT, cloud and security, we are the ideal partner for digital projects in medium-sized businesses. A1 Digital currently supports more than 500 companies in their digital transformation. Our experts at our locations in Vienna, Munich and Lausanne are already working with the technologies of tomorrow today. This is a path we can only take together - join in!
Work Location: Lausanne, Switzerland or fully remote in Europe
Some of the challenges you will be working on:
- Design our hypervisor virtualization stack including network, storage and security layers
- Maintain our hypervisor fleet and base platform components at scale
- Contribute to the routing & security orchestration and automation systems development and implementation
- Help troubleshooting low level performance or hardware bound issues
- Contribute to designing and architecture the Exoscale platform systems
- Improve processes and solutions to be scalable and highly available
- Participate in code & changes reviews
- Take part in the on-call roll after a training period
- Have a solid experience with Linux and its kernel
- Are at ease with networking and routing daemons like Bird and FRR
- Have a good knowledge of Linux filtering with iptables and nftables
- Are familiar with KVM virtualization
- Have a good knowledge of storage components
- Have a background with both Golang and Python languages. Clojure and C a plus
- Are familiar with Debian packaging
- Have experience with server hardware components
- Have experience with configuration management solutions and large scale infrastructure
- Are curious, autonomous, and embrace learning new things everyday
- Love to automate anything that could be
- Are team players and are comfortable working in a distributed team
- Flexible working hours, mobile working
- Autonomous working conditions with a lot of freedom to create and shape the future of our business
- Modern working atmosphere and centrally located office with great public transport connection
- Constant learning with many possibilities and offers
- Team events as well as trainings and further education
We look forward to receiving your application!