PALFINGER has for many years been a world leading manufacturer of innovative lifting solutions for commercial vehicles and in the maritime field. To strengthen our corporate security team in Bergheim and Vienna, we are looking for an
Expert System Hardening (f/m/d)
You're the one to improve the Information Security on our sites around the globe? Then join the team!
Our Corporate Security Office is looking for an Expert in Hardening Communication Systems. With a global production, development and sales and service network Palfinger has sites on almost each continent.
Within the last five year, the threat landscape has changed drastically in multiple areas. To set the right countermeasures we in Palfinger want to bring security management to the next level.
In this role, you 'll closely collaborate with several stakeholders in the company. You'll define together the requirements, the needs, and the standards for the system to ensure best use in the field and support the business to get their jobs done.
- General support, administration, installation, and maintenance of server landscapes using common Linux distributions (including Red Hat Enterprise)
- Further development of existing software components
- Contribution of extensive Linux know-how to ongoing IT projects
- Restrictive administration of usage and access rights of Linux systems
- Elimination of occurring errors and malfunctions
- Ongoing analysis of Linux servers and implementation of resulting optimization potentials
- Implementation of server migrations
- Completed technical education in the field of computer science/business informatics (technical college, HTL, FH)
- Experience in the administration, installation, and maintenance of common Linux distributions (including Red Hat Enterprise)
- Extensive knowledge in the areas of databases, virtualization, proxies, load balancers, web servers, containers - Docker, server monitoring
- Understanding of IT - security solutions (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and high communication skills as well as a permanent willingness to learn
- Good troubleshooting, documentation, and analysis skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and disciplined, with excellent time management skills
- High quality awareness as well as business understanding
- Excellent written and spoken German and English skills
- Good work-life-Balance thanks to flexible working hours
- Performance-related payment and attractive bonus systems
- Career planning and development opportunities
- Ongoing further training
- Voluntary social benefits through our PALfit company health management system
Minimum gross salary according to Austrian metal industry collective agreement is EUR 46.346,72. We are willing to overpay according to training and qualification.
We are looking forward to your informative application!