UBIMET has its headquarters in Vienna, Austria and ranks among the leading weather service providers worldwide while being the only fully independent service provider in Europe. International experts in the fields of meteorology, physics, biology and geography issue customized, individual and precise weather forecasts for several million private and industrial customers in many countries worldwide. The company founders pursue the goal to become the leading global weather service provider with the world's best quality forecasts. Furthermore, UBIMET will contribute in finding a solution to the most challenging problem of our generation: Climate Change.
In order to deal with a rapidly growing number of innovative projects, we are looking for highly skilled, exceptional people to join our team in Vienna in the position of
Meteorological Data Scientist
Your main responsibilities are:
- Identify trends, patterns, and anomalies in the data to improve weather prediction models and forecasting accuracy.
- Develop statistical models and algorithms to process and interpret meteorological data.
- Collaborate with meteorologists and data scientists to refine existing data analysis methodologies and develop new approaches.
- Validate and quality control meteorological data to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Prepare reports and presentations summarizing data analysis findings and presenting actionable recommendations to stakeholders.
- Stay updated with advancements in meteorological data analysis techniques and tools and apply them to improve our analytical capabilities.
We are looking for analytical and enthusiastic personalities with:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Meteorology, Atmospheric Science, or a related field.
- Strong proficiency in statistical analysis and data manipulation using programming languages such as Python.
- Solid understanding of meteorological principles, weather patterns, and forecasting techniques.
- Experience in handling and analyzing large datasets, preferably in a meteorological or environmental context.
- Familiarity with meteorological data sources, such as satellites, weather stations, and radars.
- Proficient in using data visualization tools to effectively communicate analysis results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and modern working mode (e.g. Home-Office arrangement, Flexi-Time)
- Challenging tasks in a highly interesting, international and dynamic working environment
- Excellent career opportunities in an innovative and rapidly growing company with flat hierarchies
- Steep learning curve by dealing with many different topics at or beyond State-of-the-Art
- You become part of an open, highly motivated and dynamic Team
- Attractive working environment in modern facilities and very good access to public transport connection
The minimum salary for this position is 37.500 EUR per year (full-time, negotiable), depending on your qualification and background. If your experiences and skills match our job profile, we are looking forward to your application, including your detailed CV and a photo.
With just a few clicks, you can apply online and start the sunny side of your career.